Between The Chapters: Video
On this episode of Between the Chapters, Laura talks with Lee Skallerup Bessette about how the video killed the teaching pedagogical star. Chapter 12: Videos (2005) brings up all the thoughts on how we weave media into teaching and learning. We talk about how we moved from film strips, TV, and videos … to the world of production and presentation we see now on Zoom. Listen to how we think about being purposeful with all the media (not just video) and how multimodal learning can be intentional as we design for digital engagement.
- YouTube + History of YouTube
- Khan Academy
- Simply Nailogical
- Vine, Instagram Stories, and TikTok… OH MY!
- What is flipped learning?
- Zoom for Education: Top 10 FAQs
- 5 Reasons Zoom Schooling Is Detrimental To Children
- The Zoom Gaze: Video conferencing offers an illusory sense of unilateral control over conversations
- Multimodal Learning
- Designing Multimodal Approaches for Learning
- Videoconferencing Alternatives: How Low-Bandwidth Teaching Will Save Us All
- The Digital Divide Among Students During COVID-19: Who Has Access? Who Doesn’t?
- Tip Sheet: Recording Lectures Ahead of Time
- What is evergreen content?
- Reusable learning objects: what are they and do they work?
- Domain of One’s Own
- The digital native is a myth
- Code switching
- Social Presence (Lowenthal, 2010 & 2009)
- Shout out to podcasts for/by higher ed folks: http://bit.ly/higheredpodcasts
- LeVar Burton Reads
- e-Learning and the Science of Instruction 4th Ed.
- Hear to Slay (Luminary Premium/Paid Podcast)
- Pod Save Higher Ed – Resources & “How To” Guide for Podcasting
Questions for the ed tech community:
- What sort of access and support do your faculty/instructors have with regard to technology?
- How are we setting our educators up for success with technology? (e.g. time, resources, training, support, etc.)
- How do you support all stakeholders at your university/college with technology for learning?
Connect to Lee on Twitter and listen to her podcast at: https://allthethingsadhd.com/
Do you want to share your thoughts about video, media or more for learning? Do you have comments or questions about this podcast? Send us a message or tweet. Podcast episode art: X-Ray Specs by @visualthinkery is licenced under CC-BY-SA & Remix by kevin tsakuhhin.